Welcome to Porter Advising
Select Your Class Level
- New First-Year Student (Frosh) Information
- New Transfer Student Information
- New International Student Information
- Continuing Student Information
- Phone: 831-459-2273
- Fax: 831-459-2569
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (include your name and student ID)
- Location: Porter D-Building, Room 104
- Address: 1156 High St. Santa Cruz CA 95064
Advising Office Hours:
- The College Advising Office is open Mon., Tues., Wed., & Fri. 9 a.m.-4 p.m. (except holidays)
Closed for lunch daily from 12 - 1 p.m.
- Thursday advising hours are from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Drop-ins and appointments are available online or by calling 831-459-2273.
Stay Connected & Updated:
- For information on Porter events, please visit our Porter College Calendar
- Join us on Facebook.
- Follow us on Twitter for important deadlines and programs.
- UCSC College Advising Blog
Need Enrollment Help?
We're here to help:
Our mission is to suppport you in pursuing and achieving your academic goals. We'll do our best to enhance your educational experience and empower you to make the most of your time at UCSC. Porter advisers are available to:
- Provide you with guidance to help you map out your academic plans and to qualify for your intended major.
- Help understand General Education and University requirements for graduation.
- Help you identify and develop personal, educational and career goals.
- Assist you in identifying additional campus resources to enhance your academic career.
The college system is designed to create smaller living and learning communities within the larger university campus. Students affiliate with a college through graduation and beyond. We hope to meet with each one of you on a regular basis.
Academic Preceptors Lupe Allen and Bob Giges are available to assist you in deciding on a major, to help you maneuver through the system, or to discuss nearly any academic concern. A College Academic Adviser, is also available to assist you with major exploration, course selection, and academic planning, often on a drop-in basis. So, please, come to us when you need help, inspiration, or just a sounding board. We are here for you!